TARIFF AND RESERVATION POLICY
Bhutan’s tourism sector is regarded as one of the most exclusive travel destinations in the world. Bhutan enjoys a reputation for authenticity, remoteness and a well-protected cultural heritage and natural environment.
Today tourism is a vibrant business with a high potential for growth and further development. The Royal Government of Bhutan adheres strongly to a policy of ‘High Value, Low Impact’ tourism which serves the purpose of creating an image of exclusivity and high- yield for Bhutan.
“To foster a vibrant industry as a positive force in the conservation of environment, promotion of cultural heritage, safeguarding sovereign status of the Nation for significantly contributing to Gross National Happiness.”
The tourism industry in Bhutan is founded on the principle of sustainability, meaning that tourism must be environmentally and ecologically friendly, socially and culturally acceptable and economically viable. The Royal Government of Bhutan recognizes that tourism is a world-wide phenomenon and an important means of achieving socioeconomic development particularly for a developing country like Bhutan. It believes that tourism, in affording the opportunity to travel, can help to promote a deeper understanding among people and to strengthen ties of friendship based on a deeper appreciation and respect for different cultures and lifestyles.
Towards achieving this objective, the Royal Government, has adopted a very cautious approach to growth and development of the tourism industry in Bhutan. Its tremendous potential as a truly indigenous industry and the clear comparative advantages Bhutan enjoys, are compelling reasons to promote Bhutan as a high-end tourist destination in a manner which accords with the tenets of Gross National Happiness.
3 Pax & Above
$ 250 (200 + 50)
$ 230 (200 + 30)
$ 290 (250 + 40)
$ 280 (250 + 30)
Season: December, January, February, June, July & August
High Season: March, April, May, September, October & NovemberUnlike other destinations, tariff in Bhutan is based on daily basis irrespective of any activities you chose or any itinerary you choose. NO HIDDEN COST AND EXTRA TAX
- Visa process and arrangement
- Royalty to the government and other taxes
- Government surcharge for individual groups traveling as one or two pax
- All accommodations in 3 star standard hotels
- Standard room on twin sharing basis only
- Meals on fixed buffet (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner)
- Full time English speaking guide
- Private transportation for airport pick up/ drop and all sightseeing
- Entrance fees to events, historic sites, museums and parks as indicated in the itinerary
- US$ 40 (visa fee for single entry)
- Flight fare
- Refreshment, any alcoholic/nonalcoholic beverages and any other personal expenses
- Travel Insurance (Must for Trekking)
- US$ 30/Night, single room supplement charge for 2 Pax and above
- Luxury star hotels and resorts available at an additional cost
- Luxury camping/trekking can be arranged at an additional cost
- Gratuities to guide, driver, trekking staff, etc
- Specialized guides (Foreign Language, Photography, Bird Watching, Buddhism, Flora and Fauna) available at an additional cost
Q: How do I process my visa?
Your visa will be taken care by SP Tours. You are requested to email us a clear valid passport for the visa.
Q: How do I get my visa?
E-copy of your visa will be sent by SP Tours, once it gets approved.
Q: Can the visa be little long then my actual duration, in case of emergency?
Not possible. In case if we you need to extend your stay in Bhutan, we will do it while you are in Bhutan.
Q: How long does it to process the visa?
About a week
Payment: (NO credit card facility)
We don’t provide credit facility at any condition
50% payment is required while confirming the tour. The remaining payment or 100% payment must be made one month prior to the arrival date of the group
* 11th night onwards, US$ 25 will be given as duration discount
* 16th night onwards, US$ 50 will be given as duration discount
* Children/Students traveling under children tariff are not eligible
Children Discount: (Children on discounted rates are not counted in the group category)
* Complimentary for children of less than 5 years
* 50% discount on royalty (government tax) for children between 5 years to 12 years (valid school ID required)
* 25% discount on royalty (government tax) for full time students under the age of 25 years (valid school ID required)
Tour Cancellation Policy:
* 10% charges for the tour cancelled before 45 days of arrival date
* 50% cancellation charges for the tour cancelled before 15 days of arrival date
* No refund for less than 15 days of arrival date and for any change of itinerary
* The above policy doesn’t apply to the luxury hotels. If you are using luxury hotels, please check with us, as different luxury hotels have their own cancellation policy.
Flight Cancellation Policy: (Documentation charge US$ 50)
* 70% refund for cancellation made before 31 days of travel date (Documentation charge applicable)
* 40% refund for cancellation made before 20 days of travel date (Documentation charge applicable)
* 20% refund for cancellation made before 07 days of travel date (Documentation charge applicable)
* NO refund for cancellation made less than 07 days and after travel date
* For high altitude treks, insurance is mandatory. (Prior to your arrival you must provide us with your insurance policy details and contact info)
* All our trekking routes are designed and approved by the Tourism Council of Bhutan. If you are not able to complete the trek, KTB doesn’t take any responsibility. KTB is not responsible if the trails are not of your expected standard or of difficult grade. Also due to high altitude terrain and being isolated, KTB doesn’t take any responsible if the routes are not in a good condition.
* For trekking, if the group finishes the trek or incompletes the trek before the scheduled date, the guests must pay for the extra days.
* Proposed itinerary is subject to availability of the hotels.
* Change of itinerary is NOT entertained once the itinerary is finalized and agreed by both the parties. Guests have to pay extra for any change of itinerary.
* Goods at your own risk. We don’t take any responsibility for any loss or damage of your personal belongings.
Being an active member of the Association of Bhutanese Tour Operators (ABTO) and licensed by the Tourism Council of Bhutan (TCB), the company takes the liability and refund for any substandard service provided below country’s infrastructure and standard mentioned in the our tourism guidelines.
Q: How do I transfer my tour payment to Bhutan?
The only way to transfer your payment to Bhutan is by bank wire to Bhutan National Bank Limited account then to ultimate beneficiary SP Tours
Q: Can I use credit card to make the payment?
No, we do not have credit card facility in Bhutan. You may use your visa card or master cards for buying souvenir from some of the local handicraft shops.
Q: How safe is bank transfer to Bhutan?
Q: How long will it take to reach Bhutan?
It takes more than 3-7 working days to be credited your payment into our account.